Sunday, June 7, 2009

Getting Movies Together

Hey guys I haven't posted a blog since I've moved here to Newton and, unfortunately, I won't be able to post movies until I get a new camera. Mine fell into Niagra Falls and well I can't take videos until I can afford a new camera.
Anyway, I thought that I would take a moment to talk about my movies. I say "my movies" because I am talking about the ones that I have written, am writing already, and the ones that I'm trying to put into production. I am currently trying to finish up the editing for the first episode of a miniseries that I have been writing for a year. I must say that while writing this I have had some challenges but none of them so great that I haven't been able to work on them. The biggest challenge that I have had to face was finding time for it. However, I am certain that this one, even though this is the fastest that I have written something, is one of the best that I have written. I hope to be able to do it justice. This will be my first movie that I will put together that will be more than ten minutes long. The last time I was working on a movie (apart from the small 2 minute videos for this blog) was for health class. This was on the effects of alcohol on people who abuse. On that one I was the director, lead, editor and writer. On some of the others that I have worked on I have been a little bit of all of them. On this movie I will be a little bit of everything as well but my main responsibilities will be write (obviously), director, producer, hair and make-up, costume designer, set designer and builder,lighting, special effects, and anything else that I have to do in order to get this off the ground.
This screenplay is sort of a sci-fi type movie you might see on the sci-fi channel but maybe not as gruesome. This is actually geared to make you think about possibilities and what can and may happen. I want to give people a sense of what happens in a life that people may not actually think exists in the United States but in some places it does, maybe not in so much extremes as I have portrayed it.
The things that I must find as I put this together is to find places for shooting it and supplies and getting enough money saved and put aside to put up for the costs of shooting and supplies. I have actually been able to find places to shoot but finding people to work without much pay is hard to get. I am hoping that I can rely on my family for help, which I probably can, but since I have to work a lot too I don't have much time for shooting or putting together schedules for people.
However, in this I am having fun. I hope that next time I will be able to put up a couple of my times in New Jersey and New York. Hope you guys are still reading and I hope that you are all doing well. Catch Ya on The Flip Side ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing your progress. What a massive undertaking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I hope to be able to start filming in January so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete