Monday, March 22, 2010

Nobody Seems to Get It

You know, I try to be patient and I keep on trying but no matter how long I wait and no matter what I do I still can't get a job. I have been trying to get a nanny job for a year now. And nothing. I have had a few hopefuls but as of late no one seems to want me. Its not as though I don't have experience. I have had lots of experience. I don't know what it is. Maybe I'm trying too hard or maybe not enough but whatever it is I want this waiting process to be over and me to have a good job! A job that doesn't stress me out so much and I can stop going to bed crying at night because my life is so stressfull and nobody seems to get it. Don't get me wrong, being here with my brothers is great and I get to see my nieces and nephews all the time but man, I just keep thinking this wasn't what was supposed to happen.
I know people get tired of my complaining, even I'm getting tired of my complaining, but what am I supposed to do that I haven't already done?
I have been to every business around here looking for a job so its not just nanny jobs I'm looking for. I'll take anything at this point. I know I haven't had that much experience in the job market and employers look at my nanny experience and they go, "Oh you've never had a job before", and so they pass over me. I mean come on! Child care is just about every job out there. There's cooking, cleaning, organization, chauffering, there's child care itself, there's time managment, record keeping, doctoring, you name it and I've done it. So why can't people see that? I'm starting to think that this world is very biased. If you have job experience in the "real world" then you can have a job but if your resume incldes nanny or child care then you haven't worked at all.
I don't get it and I probably never will but I guess I have to keep on going and keep on trying.

1 comment:

  1. When Jeremy and I moved here to Pasco, we were flat broke and wouldn't start getting paychecks for our teaching jobs for a month or two, so we went around town looking for anything we could get. I applied at Dairy Queen and I was told when I handed in my application that I didn't have enough experience. Apparently my 3 years at Arby's, bachelor's degree, and 3 years of teaching school wasn't enough... Some people are just idiots. Correction: Most people are just idiots.

    ReplyDelete